Updated March 20, 2020
Kilobytes Data Solutions Inc. / Ironlogic preparedness for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Kilobytes (KDSI) and Ironlogic have taken a broader approach to its service continuity planning inclusive of the potential effects of the COVID-19 viral outbreak. While this planning does not replace our current extensive Business Continuity Planning it does however address possible impacts if any to the delivery of services and support to our valued clients and partners.
Specifics to COVID-19, outlined below are key points potentially impacting our delivery of services and support
- Impact to KDSI and Ironlogic internal systems.
- We don’t just sell Cloud infrastructure, we utilize the very same services we sell to our valued clients. All internal tools and support systems that Kilobytes and Iron Logic employ are Cloud hosted and driven. Among the many benefits this provides, the one benefit in particular is the fact that scale on demand and fault tolerance are native to the Microsoft and Cisco cloud solutions that power our support systems for delivery of services to our clients.
- Tools such as Microsoft Teams allows us to collaborate in real time by voice, video and document sharing. Currently in use today, it is employed on a regular basis to span across our many geographic locations where we operate from but in addition empowers us the ability to scale up further to accommodate meetings should one or more of our office locations become quarantined due a viral outbreak. Allowing our staff to work from home or where ever a safe secure working place is located.
- Our own servers, LOB applications and tools are hosted in Microsoft Azure. Leveraging the Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure allows our employees to work from our many geographic locations and eliminates the dependencies on specific availability of our current office locations.
- Impact to our most valuable resources our Staff, our valued Clients and Partners.
- Kilobytes and Ironlogic have several office locations. Head quartered in Vaughan and Brampton Ontario respectively with additional satellite offices in British Columbia and Quebec.
- Should any one office be impacted by a viral outbreak, Staff in other locations will take up the responsibility of servicing clients for the affected location. This will be in the form of shipping and receiving physical product.
- WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS! We will continue to service our clients during these trying times. KDSI will not be receiving clients for in person meetings. Instead we are asking clients to arrange MS Teams meetings with our Sales and Service teams. Please contact your account manager for more details.
- We have a “deep” on call rotation. This combined with our partners positions us to service our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In keeping with recommendations from our local health professionals and the Government of Canada we practice and continuously encourage our team from all management levels to follow those recommendations.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you are unable to wash your hands.
- Practice good cough and sneezing etiquette by coughing and sneezing into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Wash your hands after coughing and sneezing.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick/unwell.
- Exercise social distancing where ever possible.
This situation is fluid in nature. We are prepared to adjust and change our delivery of our services and supports to our valued clients. We will provide those changes publicly as the situation requires.