We are looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our client networks. Your primary duties will include maintenance of networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with client users the network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
Network Architect/Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Create and Configure Networks
- With experience and knowledge of routing and switching, install, maintain, and configure networks.
- Resolve Technical Issues
- Network engineers troubleshoot and test networks. Technical issues include network-related problems, system failures, and routing changes and updates.
- Apply Security Updates
- Applying security techniques, network engineers ensure proper controls in access, logging, and auditing. They also develop network security guidelines.
- Test and Evaluate Software
- Testing and evaluating software and hardware, network engineers ensure reliability. To maintain systems, they develop processes to improve network functionality.
- Assess Network Performance
- Network engineers assess network performance to ensure that the needs of the business are met. They also make recommendations for network planning.
- Pre-Sales Support & Network Architecting/Design
- Work with clients and sales team, pre-sales to architect routing/switching, WLAN and Firewall solutions.
Manage all infrastructure equipment for internal network and clients.
- Firewalls – Cisco ASA – Cloud Cisco ASAv – Meraki MX &Various other vendors.
- Switches – Cisco Nexxus, Catalyst, Small Business – HP/Aruba – Dell.
- Cisco Routers Wireless – Cisco WLC – Meraki – Aruba and other systems. Voice – Good knowledge of Cisco VOIP and VOIP in general.
- (Azure) – Virtual Networks, Routing, security.
Network Architect/Engineer Requirements:
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.
- Cisco Certification – CCNP
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Network Monitoring products and protocols
- Available after-hours
- Part of on-call rotation for after hours emergencies.
Send your resume to email@example.com and please include the job title in the subject line of your email. Let us know how you would fit in to our team.