LEVEL 2 SYSTEM ENGINEER
Provides 2nd level support to client infrastructure, perform routine system checks and security updates in accordance to company standards and processes, verify the accuracy and integrity of the Information that is generated by the day to day operations ensuring full and complete backups are taken daily.
Maintain all personal computer equipment and software in the local environment in proper working condition, and ensure they comply with company standards, guidelines and processes.
Provision for all IT resources including PC, PC software, printers & printer consumables, as per company guidelines, standards and processes.
Act as internal consultant to the users in the use of the personal computers and applications.
Operate and maintain the system servers and related backup, network and storage components in proper working condition providing a highly available, fully backed up and secure systems.
Maintain and follow Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions for Infrastructure related areas.
- Ensure high availability of client’s production, Disaster Recovery and UAT environments
- Manage network monitoring and configuration across clients infrastructure environment utilizing System Center Operations Manager and Configurations Manager and other systems management tools.
- Follows change management process for all system changes and documents all systems changes within service desk.
- Maintain the back up and/or restore process to prevent data loss ensuring full data integrity at all tim Perform quarterly restores of backups to ensure that the data and restore procedures are operating properly
- Follows incident management process recording all incidences, questions and requests into service desk
- Upon request, proceed with the installation of new systems, software, hardware, telephony, network connections, ensuring company standards and processes are followed
- Provide after-hour support on a rotation basis
- Prepare and distribute daily operations reports and takes corrective action on all issues
- Prepare incident report for any major outage that impacts the business
Area’s to Support:
- Creating Technical Documentation on customer implementations.
- Training Helpdesk Staff Support
- Backup systems
- Support AD
- Support Exchange //Office 365 implementations.
- Support SCCM
- Support SCOM
- Support ASA’s, VPN
- F5 BIG IP load balancers (reporting / filters)
- Imaging and application standards / implementation
- Re-assessment and Cleanup of AD
MCSE Private Cloud